ICTexpo 2015 in Helsinki was the biggest professional IT-show in the Nordics for the sixth time. ICTexpo had over 100 speakers and it included seminars and exhibition.
Shows and presentations included the following areas: “Business IT” and solutions, “Secure IT” – risks and solutions, “Solve IT” – business problem solving, “build IT” – development and technologies, “Big data & open source” – software development challenges.
Highlights from the ICTexpo were for example:
- In CIO panel the role of CIO was discussed and IDC told about big data opportunities and challenges in the Nordics
- IBM told about Apple co-operation. Currently 20 and till the end of this year 100 business applications to iOS wich combine business data and analysis for example to airplane pilots.
- Panel discussion about ERP supporting business or preventing it. Participants for example from SAP, Posti, PlanMill and KPMG
- How digitalization affects to media business and IT organisation, examples from the media company Sanoma
- Secure IT sessions were popular and they included several detailed presentations of how the hackers can get access to corporate network as well as business critical applications and data. Several examples were shown for example by KPMG, Elisa ja nSense. Also data security was discussed in Blancco’s presentation.
- Solve IT included presentations of how to select the service provider or how to manage business data from mobile devices. For example Nurminen logistics told about the service provider selection and Systems Garden how to manage business data in varying situations where mobile connections are needed
- Build IT concentrated on different infrastructures like cloud and hybrid IT. Several presenters told examples of how to handle complex multisourcing situations.
- Big data and open source were handled on several tracks. Typically presentations included information of big data analytics solutions as well as the discussion about when it is appropriate to select open source solution – what are the risks and benefits of it.
ICT Expo is a perfect place to get the updated information of the current trends and risks of ICT solutions. ICTexpo helps for example to select a suitable business solutions or service providers or to avoid the latest information security risks that have developed during the last 12 months.
Compared to the last year the exhibition area was more compact but it looked like that there were more participants.
It may also be caused by the “Economy” exhibition at the same time in the same hall.
The icing on the cake was discussion of wireless security, that has started after ICTexpo, because Anders Nilsson from Eset showed in his presentation how easy it is to scan all the SSIDs of those WLAN networks where the mobile phones try to connect. He found over 300 networks and 99 mobile phones. This allows a hacker to build “a man in the middle” WLAN base station to get access to all the users’ data like bank account or credit card.
author: Aki Inkeroinen