Thank you for your interest, all available spots for this workshop have been taken.
During the workshop we’re going to create an Ethereum smart contract for a new coin with an ICO. Starting from the very basics of smart contract development, through discussion on potential coin and ICO requirements and a dive into the world of TDD and coding exercises. After that we’re going to create an ICO page connected with the test network of Ethereum blockchain.
For more on what I do, visit Espeo Blockchain.
- Ethereum and smart contract development introduction [30 min]
- Coin and ICO requirements discussion [30 min]
- Smart contract implementation [3 hours]
- Pizza break! [30 min]
- ICO status page implementation [1 hour]
- Laptop with Node.js 5.0+, a browser and a text editor
- Truffle Framework CLI tool and testrpc installed:
npm install -g truffle@beta ethereumjs-testrpc@beta
- Check if it works:
mkdir truffle-test && cd truffle-test
nohup testrpc > testrpc.log &
Our resource: How to start an ICO on Ethereum
Blockchain 101 – A Visual Demo: anders.com/blockchain
What Can a Blockchain Do? (with links to more detailed topics):
Initial Coin Offering (ICO):